Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Two Harbors Folk Festival

I had a blast! Excellent musicians, great company and weather that was so North Shore. The best thing I saw...the Flaming Seamus'. They are three young men, teens, playing Irish music. They were great because each member was able to maintain and promote their individual talent and interest musically while being almost tenderly loyal to the others individual drive style and message. This is a discription of the best bands I have seen. Each one dedicated to their own excellence. Supported in that by the others. And supportive of the other's excellence. That way talent and even genius can thrive.

This is my hope with every musical endeavor I undertake. To work with others who are working on their greatness while I work on mine. It's easy then.

I reccomend this festival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home