Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Farming in the City

So many people have asked me how I can follow the ways of the Huldre here in the city. Huldre like woods and mountains and fjords and streams. Huldre like cows and crops and butter and berries...

Well, I have said it before and I will say it again, Minneapolis/St. Paul is a fine place for Huldre. With the river, the parks, Minnehaha Falls and creek we have lots of places to hide from mere mortals.

And with all the Urban Greening/Gardening/Farming going on in the Twin Cities, there are many places that Huldre can sprinkle their magic.

Sanford Middle School is one place where some wonderful gardening is about to ensue!

Here is a link to the greening projects in my neighborhood. If you are a Huldre type you will want to be involved in some of these things:
http://karitauring.com/sustainableurbanenvironments.htm

Yours in June,
Kari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home