Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Heading North

Heading North while the geese fly south. Very typical Scandinavian.

I will be performing in Fargo area with the band Krauka from Denmark. I have been looking forward to meeting them for nearly two years. They play yearly at the Viking festival in Gudvangen, Norway, where my maternal line traces to the top of Nedberg Mountain. I had the pleasure to be there last May and my mother and aunts have just returned from visiting the Undredals and many other relations. Krauka - Festival

We will also be playing with Mandan-Hidatsa storyteller and musician, Keith Bear, who I had the pleasure of meeting this Summer at the Bush Fellows Reception. His performance is elegant and deep. I couldn't be more excited! Keith Bear

I will be performing in Minneapolis with Krauka at the Cedar Cultural Center on October 8th!
With me will be Huldu - Drew Miller and David Stenshoel from Boiled in Lead. A not-to-be-missed celebration of the Scandinavian Tap Root! - BIL

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home