Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Runes to Mark the Way

In my excitement, seeing the Brisingamen Bridge today, I thought of ways to mark the place of this manifestation.

Yggdrasil is the name of the cosmological world tree in Norse Mythology. There are 9 worlds of humans, gods, elves, dwarves and giants and it has been understood by some that the runes (originally 18 were given to Odin) were markers of these worlds. Knowing them would allow the user to pass interdimentionally through the worlds, unlock the bridges that connect them like branches and roots.

Seeing all the worlds together is to become enlightened, all knowing, like the Allfather Odin.

If I had to give the rainbow I saw today a rune duo designation it would be Urz and Sigel.

The creative fire of the world ox and the sun, combining Earth and Sun. Freya and Freyr as a unified being. More later!
Kari

1 Comments:

Anonymous David said...

I made this for a friend who is traveling over the holidays. Thought I would share it here, though I recommend people type it into an email themselves for the most protection. (And it'll probably look squashed and narrow on the web anyway. It's just to give you an idea.)

Raido

R
RRR
RRRRR
RR RRR
RR RRRR
RR RRR
RR RRR
RRRRRR
RRRRR
RR RRR
RR RRR
RR RRR
RR RRR
RR RRR
RR RRR

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home