Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Beaver Moon - November's Winter Moon

Rune pulls. Having just written the muses of the muse blog, I got out my little travel set and two runes came out.

Daeg was facing me and one was facing my hand. The day...a good rune for a very cold November day. Lap up the sun because as sure as it will return, it will be gone. Seek the day light hours. Work hard...a day's work. The rest that follows real work is complete.

Its an x with a line on each end forming a bow tie shape. X is called gifu, the gift. It is a true gift to be able to greet another day. Many creatures die in the cold we are having today and I have sun coming strong and low through my south window, barely able to skirt my neighbor's roof. I have a wood fire to heat my cider on and a lap top to warm my legs here and there. What is in a day?

What is in a day's work? For this day here it is:

7am get fire going again. Make oatmeal and coffee. Feed the cat. Katie the chicken is up early. Go feed her and bring freeable water to her and the other creatures in our gardens.

8:30 walk child to school and pick up gear for editing video on the way

9:30 Realize I don't have the right chords to edit the video so move to other work

10:30 Sit down to update blogs

Flip over other rune in my hand

Fehu - the cow, the rune looks like an F but with the lower line longer than the top line and both lines facin up to the sky like expectant baby birds reaching for the nourishment they just know will be coming.

Faith in that our needs are met, domesticated in this way we are all cows. We are all herders too. We are the careful husbands of our flocks, herds, resources...

What is in a day? A good day's work and the rewards of faith in the work we do to nourish and flourish our lives and our children's lives.

Faith in the day!

Kari pa haugen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home