Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

words of a crone

I was describing my feelings evoked by my learning curve technologically as well as my aparent lack of the cooperating resources to one of my favorite wise women. I see my feelings mirrored in my son's behavior at his feelings about learning curve and apparent lack of resources to solve math word problems.

I feel stupid, like I want to give up or be rescued. I get annoyed at a process that seems a Catch-22. I an asssent to what "seems" with the intelectually miffed Kari and I give whiney Kari a little cuddle then press on. My son, well, he gets to approach it again when he is ready as well.

"The key is not to let it defeat you. Sometimes it's easier to give up than to press ahead," she said.

Thank you for those words. That really is the ticket. It may seem like a small defeat to give into a whiney or pissy attitude here or there. And it may well be...but take a year or more of giving up because you can't be bothered and your life is forfeit...you may as well give up the ghost (as they say).

It's a big deal. Encouraging one another to embrace the feelings that learning requires: failure, stupidity, fear, risk taking anxiety...what is on the other side is called owning knowledge and the feelings here range from victorious to enlightened!

Thanks to my supporters!

Kari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home