Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ah, this part of the book is done!

24 runes in 24 days, random rune pull and journal writing by Kari Tauring began after the Western New Year in 2006 and was finished by Imbolc, 2006.

Hmmm....what next? As my editor works with this portion of the great book (as opposed to the Little Rune Book, 2003) I have decided to go outside.

The unseasonably warm weather has Katie, our chicken, almost ready to lay. I told her not yet. I've been telling all the plants not yet and heaping chips on them where I can.

Budding out too soon is a danger
Frost comes in the Spring
What dies in the cold
Births the next thing

So, Beorc reversed I would say.

What I shall do now is commence my blogging with you.
I spent 24 and some solid days writing about what comes to me from the rune symbols I draw at random. So now I will ask:

What rune symbols are drawn to me out of what I am doing in the world?

Huggin and Muggin flew overhead. This is Saturnalian, lesson learning. They are thought and memory. What is in my thoughts? How is my memory holding?

Time to take in more Lecithin (a nutrient essential to propper brain function). Nied, I would say.

Kari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home