Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rune pull for Spring Transitions

Rad
Raidho
The journey is long and arduous but the horse is swift and sure. I am about to journey, so, yes, this is the correct rune. Off to Scandinavia I go to sing my Volva songs in the land of my ancestors. When I will return to Minnesota, no one really knows. It could be weeks, it could be months.

This rune is to me the journeyman stage of my process. Indeed I have learned my songs, practiced and considered and now it is time to hit the road and prove myself.

I will miss Minnesota in the Spring.
I will sing to you all from the fjords and valleys, a low kulokkr, a great wyrdlokkr, and learn new songs from the land spirits to bring home.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Borea said...

Best of luck during your travels, Kari. May the ancestors greet you with warmth, and the land with reverence.

Sing!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Kari Tauring Blog said...

tusen takk!
press your ear to the earth on 17th May and you will hear me!!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home