Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Karl Jones Winter Solstice Runecast

It is Winter Solstice 2006. I am working on my main two projects right now. "The Runes, a human journey" by Kari Tauring, ed. David de Young. We are close to publishing it on line, details to follow. The other major project is a Website Overhaul. Time to get a fresh perspective for the next decade of work. Thanks to the enthusiasm of Karl Jones, I may have the new site completed by 12th night.
As part of the re-design we are making the rune pages more accessible, more informative and easy to use. We have decided to use this set of runes I created for this purpose.

Now, Karl is a shaman, like most of my friends. So he wouldn't think to just scan the runes in order. He cast them ritually onto the face of his scanner...a most incredible connexion of the deep past and far future. The one that kept jumping out of his hand is Sigel, the one you see on the top. Obvious to Karl, this rune, what ever it's name, should be the "guiding star", as he put it. Well, Karl, it's Sigel - the sun rune you have there. Happy begining to a great Solstice!
Runes, handmade by Kari Tauring

The process of reading a full 24 rune layout is arduous. I will start from the North and move down then left, down, then right. I will also read the relationships between runes that touch, cluster, and stand far alone. Reversals are not negative in my readings though they ask us to look more than once at the meanings (serve as a double take) and may be reminders or warnings of potential areas of neglect.

This reading was cast for the world wide web and will be interpreted in a very general way for the entire community.

However, I find that reading without individuation (in unity), you will likely find that individuation reveals itself to you!

Keep checking in as I post the reading! Kari and Karl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home