Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Runes at the Shanties

Art Shanty Project
I came to the village on the frozen lake. The home of misfit toys hosted me. A good place to start blessings. Community blessing, Norse Shamanic style, it starts with kulning, cow calls and bells. Stavs struck on ice and cross sticks needed to balance and make our way. We dance svict and pols around a circle and sing to Austri, Vestri, Sudri, Nordri. We ask for blessings from the lost soul beneath the ice. We all cheer "skol paa fisken" hail to the fish.

Then from one home to the next I carried my runes. Each householder drawing for their home, their art shanty.

And then, I come across a plane crash. These guys are trying to find Nifelheim. I gave guidance where I could. Hela, be kind to them if they come your way.

Bless em. Bless em all!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home