Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Monday, October 05, 2009

October Flurry

Last night I was finally in my garden. After a long and lovely Summer of travel with performances and work shops it feels like I have three months worth of garden time to make up for. When I returned from Fargo I had a surprise of two golden mounds of wood chips and by the light of the full moon I began to spread them around. When October comes I begin to shape the garden for a cross country ski run. My son and I walk the perimeter removing any stones or sticks that might catch on our skis.

The final public perfomances for 2009 are this week.
Tuesday Oct. 6th at Mindekirke, the Norwegian Lutheran Church at 11 am. I will be adding a stav and galdor to Krauka's short set. Then we will head to Ingebretsens for a meet and greet.

Highlight of the year: Cedar Cultural Center on Thursday Oct. 8th. When Drew Miller and David Stenshoel join me in this work it raises to a new and exciting level. Add Krauka and it's like you went into a time warp where the future and the deep past are touching hands.

If you live out of town and can't make it to this show, KFAI is recording it for broadcast later and I will keep you posted!

Best October ever,
Kari

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Connie Peterson said...

Wish I could be there for your events!

Enjoy the nice weather while you have it.

Once it gets chilly, are you slowing down? Can you come visit?

8:02 AM  
Blogger Kari Tauring Blog said...

Oh I wish you could come too. But yes, I think now that I am done touring I can come visit!

We could get a group of staving women together and invite Kristina Shepherd too!

That would be lovely.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home