Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Best Entertainment This Weekend

I was giggling like crazy, clapping and hurrah-ing and giggling and then I was so proud that my eyes watered and I clapped even harder and said "Yeay!" when I saw "The History of Ingebretsen's Puppet Show" today at the Mid-town Farmer's Market.

The presenters used a cranky and rod puppets, an alluring violinist was the water beneath the boat of the story and a Blonde Norwegian American in 1800's costume narrated the tale. His co-puppeteer was a happy, smiling shop-keep of possible east asian decent in a butcher's apron...obvious references to Ingebretsen's exquisite Deli (there are many ways to cure fish nowadays!)

Other great acts were an Acordian Band, an early nordic music ensamble, a guy with a guitar and great songs and a really nice band who did a Van Morrison tune.. oh and the Huldre were cow calling through the market too.

Thank you to Ingebretsen's on Lake for supporting this day at the Midtown Public Market. And thanks to Joanna etc. at the Midtown Public Market for being here for our neighborhood.

Links to these things are available on my website karitauring.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home