Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hey Black Tom

In reference to September 22

"I was just thinking about my colon and how cold it is and why I crave meat in the fall. Our colons are designed like the rocky mountains. They are pockets of land fill.

In my base brain I know that there is an ice age coming. I remember it in the lower quelle of my reptilian brain. This sends a signal to my taste buds and they remember to crave the taste of fat. The nose kicks in when lots of wood smoke is present. For me (Kari), I also crave the liquids of my ancestors. Clean water and certain brews.

So, but I've got to be careful to remember with my upper brains what it is I love to taste in this season of darkness and changes.

So that is why I now think on you, Black Tom. Your menue is my greatest wish. If I filled my rocky mountain colon up with food you have chosen to feed your loved ones with, this is how my mountain range looks.

It is a rich loam that holds my colon together. It is green and colorful with beets and squash and little red peppers here and there. There are clouds of gas floating above the gentle peaks. There is a very tall peak that seems happy way up there. It's like it got some exotic treat...coconut or ginger? There is a lake of cool meadey cidery brew..."a lake of beer for the king of kings" as St. Bridgt prayed. Ahhh...my colon is the garden of Eden...and gods live in there.

Thank you, T.J.Grant for your diety of dining, Black Tom!"

2 Comments:

Blogger s. p. stanley said...

I never imagined such colontastic musings. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this imagery!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Kari Tauring Blog said...

Hey Mr. Stanley!
It's the old "as above so below" thing. I would love to see a painting inspired by this musing...if you need a suggestion of what to do with it!
Kari

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home