Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Bush Artist Fellowship

Glorious autumn days are spent with sun shine and my computer. Looking through all the photos of the past two years of performances with Maren placing them in Powerpoint...digging up audio files from since 1999!

One thing that writing a grant proposal does is lets me see and appreciate the massive ammount of work I have done in the last year or two. The website lets me see all the work I have done but putting it together in a grant makes me think about the future as well.

More shows, more collaborations, more costumes!

I love this work.

Thanks to everyone who helps make it happen!

Kari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home