Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Runepull for Today

Well, I was going to do one then couldn't locate a set so I went outside and fed Katie the Chicken Lady and the crows and gave water to White Ears and Ratatosk's nephew. I thought I would clean the porch up a bit...see if anyone is unwisely harboring a lair of Halloween candy. Nothing.
Not even a mistreated wrapper.

Anyhoo so I was putting Oskar's golf clubs away when I spied some stavs that didn't sell in the last year. They are all going to be firewood if they don't sell. I have told them this. They don't seem to mind either way, being comfortable in their beings.

So that brought me back to my runepull for today.

I will just say, most stavs are isa shaped...ice...one long straight line going from earth to heaven.

There are bowed stavs in nature but forever there is a perpendicular line.

There may be juttings out of the top or bottom...forming such runes as fehu, eohl, laguz etc.

But like the cosmos itself, things start with a point in space, wanting to know itself, the point reaches out to another point. This relationship is called a line.

Add a third point and boom...you have a plane!

Anyhoo...ice tells us to be careful. Go slowly and listen carefully. You may not be able to trust your eyes.

How many of you readers have crossed a lake of ice?

It's pretty cool!

Isa
Kari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home