Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Rune Readings at the Market

Saturday September 23, 2006 9 am

It was cool but not raining, overcast but not dark as I set up my Ingebretsen's Nordic Roots Education table at the Midtown Public Market off Lake Street and Hiawatha.

A couple was making lefse and the smell was warm and comforting. People were drawn to it throughout the day and at least one full jar of Lingonberry Jam was polished off. The ladies behind me were knitting away and beside me was the "bird man." He carves and paints the most lovely birds out of fairy light wood.

I set up to answer questions about Nordic myth and history. On display were my Bronze Age Scandinavian String Skirt, Rune Necklaces and sets, and lots of maps and books. I also provided opportunities for customers to experience a Nordic "Rune Reading".

Huldre Lokk was heard (cow calling and bell ringing) and a series of talented musicians played.

My group, Huldre, warmed up the Swedish Girls Choir!
What a great day.
And what interest in readings and Indo-European History there was!

Kari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home