Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Hibernation Time?

Oh the past few weeks here in Minnesota have been cold, snowy, just wonderful!

I am assessing my work from the beginning of May until now. Traveling to Norway changed my perspective on so many levels. Traveling around the country with my music and workshops on Volva Stav has been amazing. It has solidified both the direction I am going and the need for this path. Meeting so many people with Northern European heritage who didn't know they had a tribal root, an indigenous tradition, really kept my fire burning these past six months.

Since May we have released a new cd of brand new work. We have videos coming from live shows and I am almost finished with my new book "Volva Stav". That's a lot to bring out in 6 months time. I feel like the next three months will be the final incubation before the amazing birth.

2010 will be a crazy wonderful time. Lots of travel.
But now I will snuggle up in front of my fire and finish the details before the new year hits!

Many lovely posts to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie Peterson said...

Where can I order your new cd? Inquiring fans need to know.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home