Kari’s Voluspa

Things that concern the health of our Folk Soul,our Human Soul, and our Planetary Soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a Völva. Völva is Old Norse for “staff carrier,” the traveling spiritual guide learned in the ways of my European/Scandinavian Folk Soul. Like Thorbjorg from Eric the Red’s Saga, I am invited into communities to lead ceremony, share information, impart wisdom, and perpetuate the folk ways through song, story, and dance. I heal oorlag at it's source and read wyrd for individuals and groups.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Again Today

When I found my travel set I pulled Jera...it's shape is that of greater than and less than signs eating one another...it's name is said to mean Harvest.

So, ice...go slow and be careful

of the seeds you plant out there.

Jera you reap what you sew.

Next I found my hearth bag of maple. Sitting before the banked birch embers with the winter sun full in my face I closed my eyes/
I was so warm.
A rune slipped up and out of the bag as I began to open it. It pirched lightly on my arm.

Sun full in my face I smiled and thought, how fortunate am I. I ground and center with no legs. I am still whole within myself and connected to the sun.

"All the saints and angels!" I smiled and saw, printed on the back of my eyelids, a map of Casseopia!!

I got a great idea about communicating with the hard of sight and tactile crowd.

Then I looked at the rune in my hand.

It was Thurisaz - Thorn - it's shape is that of Oddins legs as he hung upside down from Yggdrasil the World Tree. A line like isa and second leg like a stork creating the right angle.

I just learned a pose like this at the Women's Retreat in Villa Maria last weekend. Gina, a yoga goddess, shared the poses and sanskrit names with us. This one was called the tree pose and was done standing...but I'll bet they do it on their heads too.

Anyhoo...
It's a rune that supports my going really slowly and carefully just now. Concentrate on the seed in your hand. Until it has been let go of, nothing new should come in just now. Create a boundary with your thorns, your hammer of Thor, your balance.

This is my reading for today! (so far anyway)

Karitauring.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous ProV1 said...

SPIEGEL Surfs the Web: Can You Spot a Fake Smile?
English Site > Must Reads SPIEGEL SURFS THE WEB Can You Spot a Fake Smile? Are you a good judge of human nature? Can you spot insincerity? A psychologist from the University of California has researched how ...
Hello there....good blog!

I have a Knoxville insurance site. It provides Knoxville insurance information.

Come and check it out if you have an interest, thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home